Matt and I have such different taste, so finding the perfect Area Rugs after installing hardwood floors throughout the downstairs of our house was a daunting task. We looked at so many options that they all started running together, and as much as I like shopping for home décor, even I got sick of the process. Now that we have the perfect rugs, I want them to stay looking like new for as long as possible.
So, what does providing the proper care for Area and Oriental Rugs look like? Properly Caring for your rugs comes down to three things:
- Properly vacuuming your rugs with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the rug or cause it to re-soil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your rugs every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.
4 Reasons Why You Have Your Rugs Professionally Cleaned
- To extend the life of your rugs. While regular vacuuming helps remove surface dirt and grit, soil can work its way deep into your rug’s fibers causing them to look dull and ugly. Professional rug cleaning removes the soil and contaminants that will eventually wear out and scratch the rug fibers.
- Improve the appearance. We already mentioned that your rugs will dull over time, and there’s also mishaps, stains, and spills; professional cleaning will remove those items, helping bring your rugs back to life.
- To kill germs and bacteria. Foot traffic and pets bring all kinds of things into your home, which get deposited onto your rugs and build up over time. These impurities can reduce your indoor air quality, but professional cleaning can remove those impurities, so you don’t have to worry about your family’s health.
- To preserve its warranty. Some manufacturers require new rugs to be cleaned at least every 12-18 months to maintain the warranty.
Don’t trust your rug to any cleaner, choose one like A Cleaner World that is certified by the IICRC, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. Feel free to contact our rug expert Greg at 336-804-0045 if you have any rug related questions or concerns.