Uses for Mesh Laundry Bags
Mesh laundry bags are an inexpensive and helpful laundry tool. Here are several reasons why you should have a few on hand when doing your home laundry:
- To avoid stretched straps or having hooks damage other garments in the same load, place your unmentionables in a mesh laundry bag before placing them in the washing machine.
- Do away with lost socks by placing socks in mesh laundry bags before washing.
- Avoid having to hand wash certain garments by placing the item in a mesh laundry bag on the ‘hand wash’ cycle using cold water. One note here – this may not work with all garments. Be sure to check the care label before attempting.
- Save delicate fabrics from developing snags by placing them in mesh laundry bags before washing. This is especially true when doing a mixed weight load.
Here are a few suggestion to help you when you go out to purchase or are using your mesh laundry bags:
- Avoid purchasing bags with draw strings. The strings can easily get wrapped up and tangled. Choose bags with zippers instead.
- Be sure to not overfill your bag. Garments need to be able to move around to get clean.
- Have a couple different sized bags on hand. You don’t want to throw one small thing into an extra-large bag, and likewise, you don’t want to have to stuff something large into a small bag. Plus, once you make a habit to start using the bags, you’ll find that you will end up needing more than one.
See our blog for more information about mesh laundry bags.